Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is this amazing event taking place?
- At the Westfield Old Orchard Shopping Center:
(4999 Old Orchard Shopping Center, Skokie, IL 60077)
In the parking lot on west side of the shopping center.
For directions, click here.
- I'm so excited! What is the best way to get there by public transit?
- We're excited to see you! Don't worry, it's not hard to get here - Old Orchard is directly accessible by several CTA bus routes. Please visit the RTA Trip Planner to plan your visit to the Great Jewish Family Festival.
- What ages is the program geared for? Am I too old/young?
- The Festival is great for all ages! There are a wide variety of entertainment options, from shows you can sit and enjoy to exciting inflatables.
- We've made sure there are rides and attractions for every member of the family, from toddlers to Mom and Dad. Plus, everyone can enjoy the music and bonfire together, no matter what age! This is a family-friendly event that is appropriate for everyone.
- What is the entry fee?
- Festival Wristbands are $15 in advance or $20 at the door.
- Kids under 2 years old come free!
- Your entry wristband includes access to all of the rides, shows, and games, plus complimentary concessions and All-You-Can-Eat BBQ!
- Click here to purchase advance wristbands now.
- How long will the whole event last?
- The entire event runs from 2:00 to 7:00 pm.
- How can we register as a group?
- Email the Festival office at info@JewishFamilyFest.com or call: 773-262-2770.
- Our school wants to participate as a group, can we coordinate a field trip?
- Of course! Please contact the secretary at Info@JewishFamilyFest.com
- Will there be food available?
- Yes, there will be an "all-you-can-eat" kosher food court inside the fairgrounds.
- Will there be bathroom facilities available?
- Don't worry, there will be plenty of portable restrooms set up in the fairgrounds.
- How do I get the wristband if I signed up online?
- Please print the confirmation email and bring it with you. Your wristbands will be waiting for you at the entrance to the event.
- Is the event wheelchair / stroller accessible?
- Yes, everything is on the ground, outside. There are no stairs to present accessibility issues.
- Is this only for members of Lubavitch Chabad? Or only for Orthodox?
- Absolutely not! The purpose of this event is to bring ALL kinds of Jews together from all over the Chicago metropolitan area. Please come with your friends, or come and make some new friends!
- Where may I park?
- All of the parking anywhere on the grounds of the shopping center is available for guests of the Great Jewish Family Festival. We suggest that guests of the Great Jewish Family Festival utilize the parking garages located on the West side of the mall, behind Macy's and Nordstrom and the theater.
- What is Lag Baomer anyway?
- Glad you asked! All you ever wanted to know about Lag Baomer is right here: ChabadIllinois.com/lagbaomer